Emily Tara Sabalbaro
Emily Tara Sabalbaro believes that the human body and mind are meant to be stretched to their capacity. Drawing from Hatha, Iyengar, and Vinyasa styles, Emily places strong emphasis on alignment and meditation. She provides hands-on adjustments to prevent injuries and inform alignment. Students are encouraged to form deeper connections to their breath as they move through seated, standing, and reclining poses at a comfortable pace.
Emily first stepped onto a yoga mat in 2004. For seven years, yoga remained a beautiful reminder that there is more to life than what we see. In 2011, after regularly attending yoga class twice a day, the owner of the studio, Valerie Rushmere, asked if she had considered teaching. She began training as an apprentice under Valerie of Studio1831, where she taught for 5 years. For 8 years, she worked in marketing full-time, but in 2015, she embarked on a full-time yoga career.
Emily has a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification and has added an additional 150+ hours of advanced and specialized training including:
- 10 day training in Pokhara, Nepal, including the intense practice of gastro-cleansing and flushing the body
- 7-hour Trauma-Sensitive Yoga and Yoga for Recovery trainings with Transformation Yoga Project
- 20-hour Pre-natal Advanced Continuing Education with Lara Kohn Thompson and Beth Donnelly Cabán of Bend and Bloom Yoga
- 20-hour Post-natal Advanced Continuing Education with Lara Kohn Thompson of Integral Yoga Institute NYC
- 75-hour Advanced Teacher Training with Alex Auder of Magu Yoga