Boxing Workout with Greg Coachman
Join Greg Coachman for an all-levels boxing-inspired workshop that delivers a fun, safe way to do cardio!
- Date: July 7, 2018
- Time: 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour
- Led By Greg Coachman
- Cost is $20 per session, wraps are required - bring your own or purchase a pair for $5 in studio
- All fitness levels are welcome - just showing up is the hardest part! If you've never boxed before, you absolutely will be able to keep up - this workout is beginner-friendly.
Participants will learn shadow boxing - a safe and fun way to do cardio, as well as learn different techniques/punches and the importance of focus mitts, and do some circuit training to round out the workout!
- Participants should wear running shoes or cross-trainer sneakers
- Wraps help protect your hands and wrists when you are punching the focus mitts as seen here - either bring your own or purchase a pair at the studio for $5
- There will be no one-on-one boxing aside from using the focus mitts or punching a bag - this is a boxing-style workshop. The gloves used with the focus mitts are provided by the studio.
Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, Gregory Coachman is a Personal Trainer and Boxing Coach & Instructor who is now proud to call Northern Liberties home. Greg is certified through NASM, USA Boxing (coaching license), Rock Steady Boxing, and is a certified TRX trainer. He has been doing personal training for six years, four of which have been in Philadelphia at the Bellevue, and has been the boxing program coordinator for the Bellevue since 2017. He has also been an amateur boxer for the last four years.
Greg believes that boxing is not just about physical force - it's more mental, because you have to use your brain to figure another person out. You have to be able to think and act even when you're tired, which is why boxing is such an invigorating and rewarding training regimen.
Come train like a boxer and reach your physical and mental goals together with us!